<$BlogRSDUrl$>
{ An Autopsy of Democracy }

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Quote of the week


"
President Bush: "Peter. Are you going to ask that question with shades on?"

Peter Wallsten of the Los Angeles Times: "I can take them off."

Bush: "I'm interested in the shade look, seriously."

Wallsten: "All right, I'll keep it, then."

Bush: "For the viewers, there's no sun."

Wallsten: "I guess it depends on your perspective."

Bush: "Touché.
"
—An exchange with legally blind reporter Peter Wallsten, to whom Bush later apologized, Washington, D.C., June 14, 2006


There have been rare moments in which I have actually liked -- yes, LIKED George W. Bush.

This is one of them.

And for a moment I'd thought that this was another.

But apparently Bush was not sharing a gag, here -- he actually had no idea Wallsten was blind, and was simply mocking him because he was a reporter, as he mocks every other reporter.

It's weird, because watching the video clip -- a couple times -- it seems so obvious that Bush knew he was blind, and THUS IT WAS FUNNY. If he didn't know -- which apparently he did not -- it's not funny at all, just distracting and evasive and rude and stupid.

Which makes me hate the son of a bitch again.

Ah well.

About.com: http://www.crooksandliars.com/2006/06/14.html#a8710



| |




This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

blog